Job Openings at OZY
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Because your career will never be the same again.
By OZY Editors
OZY is hiring! Come join the tribe.
About OZY: As one of the fastest growing new-media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multiplatform culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news, but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends and ideas. Three years in, we reach more than 25 million people a month — across the web, events and television.
To Apply: Send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALES DIRECTOR (NYC)
OZY is seeking passionate, high-performing, platform-agnostic media sellers excited to join a fast-paced startup sales team experiencing tremendous growth. As OZY, you will work collaboratively with brand marketers and advertising agencies to identify potential partnerships, think creatively to establish cohesive first-to-market programs and ultimately close business deals. Top candidates will be able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for pushing the limits as we continue to bring the excitement back to news media while inspiring our readers and partners to be curious, creative and do more!
- To build a comprehensive business strategy to generate revenue, hit targets, grow a business territory with an emphasis on new business
- To work all aspects of the sales cycle — Prospecting, Research, Outreach, Creative Ideation, Pitching, Negotiating, Closing, Account Management and Renewals
- Meetings, Meetings, Meetings … Evangelize the OZY brand and educate our future partners on our audience and offerings
- Collaborate with internal groups from planning, creative, editorial and operations to generate outstanding proposals and flawless account management.
- Networking to build new client relationships and opportunities
- 7+ years digital sales experience
- Key agency and brand direct relationships at all levels
- Track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue targets, including experience with closing seven-figure deals and overseeing client programs with branded content.
- Exceptional writing style, organizational skills and presentation ability
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment
INTEGRATED MARKETING MANAGER (NYC)
OZY is seeking a highly creative media mind to translate editorial initiatives, branded content ideas and media strategies into multiplatform creative solutions for clients.
The Integrated Marketing Manager will collaborate with the sales team, planning team, editorial team and OZY’s S14 brand studio team to develop and write creative briefs and/or PowerPoint presentations that articulate media programs across all OZY platforms — web, newsletters, social, podcasts, events and linear/streaming TV. This role will require a marketing + editorial mind-set deployed to develop and translate creative brand partnership concepts into compelling advertising and branded content programs that help our sales team sell.
- To develop a broad understanding of all OZY assets
- Collaborate with any relevant areas of the organization (including Media Planning, Editorial, S14, Ad Operations, Marketing, PR, etc.) to develop and present integrated programs for clients
- Clearly articulate innovative marketing programs through scriptwriting and well-designed PowerPoint presentations
- Brainstorm and write content strategy briefs
- Present research and data to support sales stories
- Occasionally step in deeper into the management of custom campaigns when necessary
- 3+ years of cross-platform Marketing or Advertising experience
- Excellent writing, PowerPoint, photo editing and design skills are necessary
- A deep understanding of the current social, video, branded content, digital, mobile and event landscapes
- Experience working in a collaborative sales processes in support of a sales team
- Strong understanding of how to translate brand objectives into publisher presentations and solutions
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment
ADVERTISING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Mountain View, CA)
OZY is seeking a highly motivated Ad Ops Associate to join our growing Operations team. The primary responsibilities for this role is to manage setup, pacing, optimization and reporting of cross-platform digital campaigns while focusing on client success metrics and performance goals. At OZY, you will work collaboratively with the sales team and planning team to create successful campaigns for clients from start to finish, while understanding client expectations.
- Work hand in hand with Ad Ops Director and project management lead to ensure seamless and issueless custom campaign execution
- Own all aspects of campaign execution and account management, including presale consultation, media planning, creative guidance, launching, monitoring, analyzing and optimizing
- Execute campaign pacing based on ad server and third-party numbers. Flag discrepancies, alert Account Managers, work with team to resolve the issue
- Participate and contribute to weekly account status meetings, team updates and client calls/meetings as needed
- QA creative assets and third-party ad tags; provide recommendations and actively contribute solutions to quickly resolve technical or creative spec related issues
- Identify and Resolve third party tracking issues
- 1+ year of experience in digital trafficking and reporting, account planning a plus
- Have a working knowledge of third party ad serving systems
- Microsoft Office Suite Expertise — Particularly Power Point + Excel
- Detail-oriented and ble to work in a nonlinear structure, you are a team player, and you don’t hesitate to jump in wherever needed
- Self-motivated and take ownership of your tasks and projects
- OZY Editors, OZY Author Contact OZY Editors