The Presidential Daily Brief

intriguing

  1. jann wenner shutterstock 181657079

    PMC Takes Control of ’Rolling Stone’ Publisher

    No moss gathered here. The Penske Media Corporation, which already owns entertainment stalwarts Variety and Deadline, has purchased a majority stake in Rolling Stone publisher Wenner Media, reportedly for more than $100 million. That gives it control of 51 percent of the company, while the other 49 percent belongs to Singapore-based “social” music-making platform owner BandLab Technologies. In recent years, the magazine’s suffered audience and revenue losses, but 71-year-old Jann Wenner, who founded Rolling Stone in San Francisco in 1967, will stay on as its editorial director. 

This story is part of The Presidential Daily Brief

view full edition