OZY FEST INFO
What is OZY Fest?
OZY Fest an interactive festival that brings people together for two full days of live music, conversation, comedy and food. Now in its fourth year, OZY Fest offers a unique opportunity to dance, learn and chow down with leaders from entertainment, art, politics and business. Our goal is to not only leave you mind blown, but mind grown.
Is this a joke? Did The Onion make this?
It's the real deal. We created OZY Fest to engage curious people with each other and with ideas that they might not otherwise ponder. We believe deeply that few people want to be confined to echo-y bubbles where like-minded people all talk about the same stuff and consume the same information.
What does "OZY" stand for?
OZY's a media company that produces daily news, TV shows, podcasts ... and of course events. In everything that we do, we hope to break people out of their bubbles and help them experience a bigger, bolder world. The name isn't an acronym, but it is short for Ozymandias, a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley. Lean more about OZY here.
Did you steal your name from OZZ FEST? Has Sharon Osbourne sued you yet?
No, we didn't. And yes, she did.
Will OZY Fest be ADA accessible?
Absolutely. Accessible areas can be accessed by entering at East 84th street. Accessible viewing areas are provided in front of both stages. Accessible bathrooms are provided throughout the site. You can check out Central Park's policy here.
Are children allowed?
Yes! We are kid friendly. Children under 10 are allowed to enter the festival for free with a ticket-holding adult. Minors age 11 to 17 must have a ticket, and must be accompanied by someone over the age of 21. In both cases, there is a maximum of two minors per accompanying adult.
Are dogs allowed?
No dogs or other pets are allowed. (Sorry!) Certified service dogs will be allowed.
What will happen if it rains?
OZY Fest is a rain or shine event. A flash storm didn't stop us dancing to Passion Pit on Saturday night last year (with the help of a couple thousand free ponchos). Come prepared for all weather types — but rest assured we've put a good word in with the man upstairs and he's assured he'll pull a few strings to keep the sun shining.
When is the best time to arrive?
Doors open at 11am and the first programming begins at noon. We highly recommend arriving as close to 11am as possible to give you time to check in and check out the space before the programming starts.
What time does the festival end?
On Saturday, the programming will end at around 10pm. On Sunday, it will end at around 8pm.
Who are the surprise special guests?
Well, telling would spoil the fun, wouldn't it?
Is there an OZY Fest app?
There will be. We'll message all ticket holders before the event with instructions about how to download the app.
What's the difference between General Admission and VIP?
VIP ticket holders will have a dedicated festival entrance, an exclusive area with some dedicated programming and free food, and priority front-row access to the main stages. For a full breakdown of what's included in General Admission and VIP Tickets, click here.
Should I be expecting a wristband in the mail?
Nope. Just print out the PDF attached to your confirmation email, and when the barcode on it is scanned at check-in on the day of the event, you will be given a physical wristband at the gate.
Can I refund or change my ticket after I have purchased? Can I resell my ticket or give my pass to a friend?
Barring exceptional circumstances, all sales are final — no refunds and/or exchanges are allowed after a ticket is purchased. Artist cancellation is not grounds for refund. All of our tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable. This policy is to ensure reliability and legitimacy of each ticket sold.
Where and when should I buy for the cheapest tickets?
Ticket prices listed on the OZY Fest ticketing page may go up or down over time, with or without notice. Tickets listed on any third-party ticketing sites may incur additional fees that are set by the third parties. Third-party ticketing sites may also offer additional discounts at their discretion.
Which day should I buy? Might the lineup change before the event day?
Your ticket is for OZY Fest, not for a specific artist. Artists and schedule are subject to change without notice.
Am I able to exit the festival and re-enter later the same day?
Unfortunately not — due to NY City Parks rules, no re-entry is allowed at OZY Fest; all exits are final.
Where are the festival entrances?
For GA ticket holders, your ticket will indicate what entrance you should use:
- Western Entrance GA ticket holders will enter Central Park at West 81st Street and Central Park West.
- Eastern Entrance GA ticket holders will enter Central Park at East 84th Street and 5th Ave
For VIP ticket holders:
- VIP entrance is located at West 81st street and Central Park West
- Chase cardholders have special access to the Chase entrance, located at 5th avenue and 79th street. Show your card and valid event ticket for entry.
- Chase cardholders also have access to some of the best views of the stage. Customers who show their card can access these exclusive viewing areas for themselves and a guest, located at each of the two stages. Space is limited to the first 100 attendees.
- Accessible Needs patrons should use the Eastern GA entrance at East 84th Street and 5th Ave and follow signs for Accessible Needs patrons.
- For GA ticket holders, your ticket will indicate what entrance you should use:
How should I get to OZY Fest?
- OZY Fest is being held in the Great Lawn of New York City's Central Park. It is easily accessible by subway, bus or walking from any part of the city and beyond.
- By subway: B, C and 1 trains stop at 86th street, and the B and C trains also stop at 81st street—these are the most convenient stops for accessing the Western Entrance Gates
- Note that for the weekend of OZY Fest, Uptown 1 trains run express between 72th street and 96th street; shuttle buses are replacing the 1 train between 96th street and 137th street, and the 3 train is suspended.
- By bus: the M10 bus runs north and south along Central Park West. On the east side, the M1, M2, M3 and M4 buses run south along Fifth Avenue, and north along Madison Avenue.
Traveling from out of town?
Travel to the Great Lawn is easy via bus or subway from Penn Station or Grand Central Station. If you're flying into NYC, check out the transport options into Manhattan on the websites of John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia Airport or Newark International Airport.
Do you have a travel partner for package deals?
Yes, we sure do. Head to Festicket to get discount deals on hotels along with your OZY Fest tickets.
What can I bring?
What is and isn't allowed?
The following items are allowed at OZY Fest:
- Bags smaller than 16" x 16" x 8"
- Personal fans
- Drawstring bags with single pocket
- Point-and-shoot cameras without detachable lenses or accessories (eg tripods)
- Reusable water bottles—they must be empty and can only be made of plastic (sorry — no glass or metal, per NYC rules)
The following items are prohibited at OZY Fest:
- Any bag larger than 16" x 16" x 8". Backpacks are not permitted, but draw-string bags with a single pocket are allowed.
- Aerosol containers (including spray-on sunscreen)
- Bicycles or scooters
- Chains/chain wallets
- Chairs of any kind (including inflatable seats)
- Cigarettes, e-cigs or vapes
- Glass/metal containers
- Illegal or illicit drugs, including any drug paraphernalia
- Laser pens or similarly focused light devices
- Musical instruments
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind
- Pets or other animals
- Professional cameras, video or audio recording devices
- Selfie sticks
- Sports balls
- Water squirt guns
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.
- The following items are allowed at OZY Fest:
Can I bring a bag into OZY Fest?
Bags are discouraged but bags smaller than 16"x16"x8" are allowed as well as draw-string type single pocket bags. All bags will be screened at security checkpoints. We recommend not bringing a bag and take advantage of the "NO BAG" entrance lines for faster entry.
How do I bring my medical prescription and/or insulin into the event?
Attendees requiring insulin are allowed to bring medically necessary materials and medications, provided all medicine has a prescription label with their name on it. Out of concern for the festival staff and volunteers who handle the trash, please do not dispose of these items in regular trash bins at the festival.
Are e-cigs or vape pens allowed?
Can I bring cannabis into OZY Fest?
Can I bring my own food and drink into OZY Fest?
No outside food or beverages (including alcohol) are allowed into the festival.
What's at the festival?
What sort of food and drink is available at the festival? Will there be vegetarian food at the festival? Vegan? Gluten-free?
A global marketplace of food vendors will supply an eclectic array of food and drink options, including vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Check out our official food and drink lineup for full details.
Be sure to set up Apple Pay before the festival for special food offers all weekend! It's fast, easy and secure and you can use Apple Pay everywhere at OZY Fest. For setup support visit Apple Pay's website here or find the Apple Pay ambassadors on site for more details!
Will there be all-gender restrooms?
All bathrooms are non-gender-specific.
Will there be security and medical services on site?
Absolutely, the health and safety of OZY Fest attendees is our number one priority. There will be a substantial professional security presence on site, as well as medical assistance for everything from minor treatment to major emergencies, to ensure that everyone can enjoy the event safely.
Can I get water on site?
There will be ample water refilling stations available.
I'm a member of the media/photographer. How do I request a media pass?
Follow this link to fill out a credential request form.
Are you hiring volunteers for the event?
Yes—please fill out this form to apply to be an OZY Fest volunteer.
How do I become a food vendor?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional inquiries about becoming an official on-site vendor.
Email us at email@example.com with all other inquiries. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.