The World of OZY … Through Maroosha's Eyes
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Reporter Maroosha Muzaffar, based in Delhi, shares her favorite OZY features from 2018.
By OZY Editors
Meet OZY Asia Fellow Maroosha Muzaffar, the latest addition to our global team. Now based in New Delhi, Maroosha hails from Kashmir, the heart of a decades-old conflict between India and Pakistan, where she witnessed human rights abuses up close. Seeing loved ones injured and military crossfire at a young age never leaves you, and the experience has made her keenly aware of the uncertainty of life.
As a child, Maroosha’s father encouraged her to read the editorials of local newspapers to better understand various perspectives on political and community issues. The storyteller in her was also inspired by her grandfather, who serialized his bedtime stories — making it a great, cliffhanger-like experience each night for his grandchildren.
Maroosha is trying to convince her parents that marriage is so last century — and she’d love any tips. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org — and be sure to check out her favorite OZY stories from 2018, found on OZY.com today.
My Best of OZY Curation:
- One Teenager’s Escape From Afghanistan
- Meet the Buddhist Economist
- How Do You Stop a Plague of Loneliness
- The Women Shattering Saudi Arabia’s Glass Ceiling
- This Toilet-Themed Restaurant Is Not for the Faint of Stomach
- Why the Devil Plays the Fiddle
- This Is How 5G Might Save Your Life
- Could Architecture Keep You Young?
- When I Was Raped
- The Warrior Queen Who Battled the Arabs
- OZY Editors, OZY Author Contact OZY Editors