The World of OZY … Through Carlos' Eyes
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief Carlos Watson shares his vision for OZY and his favorite stories from 2018.
By OZY Editors
As loyal OZY readers, viewers and listeners know, I inherited a love for news and storytelling from my dad. As a kid, he’d send me into the Miami International Airport to buy a pile of newspapers from around the world. Then he’d pore over them for hours, highlighting all the interesting facts he’d found and quizzing us from time to time. Ever since, I’ve been hooked.
I founded OZY in part to quench my thirst for new information. I didn’t just want to know what happened yesterday. I wanted to know what to expect and do tomorrow — where to travel, who to look out for, what trends to consider.
OZY keeps my finger on the pulse, as I hope it does yours, too. In this video, I highlight a few of my favorite stories from the last year, with emoji’s to boot. You can also find links to those stories at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.
My Best of OZY Curation:
- Tanzanian Famers Crack the Code for Fighting Land Grab
- Meet Trump’s Supreme Court Pick Brett Kavanaugh
- The World’s Most Successful Ethnic Group in the U.S. May Surprise You
- Special Briefing: The New Asian Tigers
- How the Mayor of San Juan Is Fighting for her People
- Do You Have White Privilege: OZY Asks This and More of Nashville’s Women
- OZY Cover Story: Blood in Bluff City
- The Thread Podcast: On the Road to Gloria Steinem
- This Badass Fruit and Milkshake Stand Started With the Best Sign Ever
- A Job for Everyone: This 21st Century Keynes Says It’s Possible
- How the Orange Bowl Gave Miami Its Groove Back
With warmest wishes from my family to yours, Carlos
- OZY Editors, OZY Author Contact OZY Editors