OZY is looking for a dynamic, organized, forward-looking and hardworking Writer/Editor to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for overseeing daily newsletter content, from initial ideas/pitches through to creative execution, deployment and promotion. The ideal candidate will have a passion for content creation, news and, ideally, is excited to be a perpetual student. You will need to be familiar with digital media, web, social and creative/production.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE TO DO:
- Manage writers and work with them to develop daily content for publication.
- Report/write/edit newsletter copy that offers deep dives into hot topics.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3-5+ years of experience in content development and digital media experience.
- Strong research, reporting, writing and editing skills, as well as experience working with freelancers.
- Proven ability to work across teams and to create strong, positive, collaborative working relationships.
- Creative problem-solver able to work with speed and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong command of language and writing.
- Ability to interpret various forms of research and utilize digital analytics and organizational tools.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Sailthru, Slack and Asana, as well as social platforms.
Please email your résumé and a link to your LinkedIn profile, with the subject “WRITER/EDITOR” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!