OZY is at a tipping point. We’ve delivered on our vision to introduce our audience to rising stars and new trends ahead of the mainstream media; we’ve earned affection and engagement from A-List leaders across business, politics, and entertainment; and we’ve built an incredible multi-platform franchise that satiates millions of fans. And now we’re looking ahead to scale our audience to become a household name.
We are looking for a skilled full-stack marketer who can help us: i) make OZY a household name among curious Millennials and Gen X-ers (brand awareness); ii) drive conversions and subscriptions at a rapid pace (performance marketing); and (iii) drive monetization strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Overall Leadership – Own the vision, strategy, budget and execution for all marketing initiatives across OZY’s platform – editorial, podcasts, TV, events — to build brand awareness and drive conversions.
- Storytelling – Develop and refine the strategic narrative and positioning to power marketing, sales, recruiting and fundraising. Superior track record developing strategic marketing assets (narratives, positioning, product names, product descriptions) and sales decks. You MUST be able to communicate OZY’s vision to diverse audiences, and to span messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation.
- Product Marketing – Develop an encyclopedic knowledge of the end user, their needs, and how OZY changes their lives for the better — with both a qualitative and quantitative rigor. Work closely with product and editorial teams to define new product offerings that deepen user engagement and create new revenue streams.
- Exponential User Acquisition – Develop and own the acquisition and retention strategies across paid, owned and earned to drive rapid user growth. Drive campaigns for all of our product offerings, to secure OZY’s place as curious people’s first and favorite source of news, information and culture.
- Brand Awareness – Ensure that a majority of curious millennials and Gen Xers know about OZY by working with OZY’s publicity and marketing teams to create efficient communication in the marketplace around who OZY is and what OZY does.
- Budget – Optimize a brand and marketing budget across digital and traditional channels to maximize return and performance – be lean and scrappy.
- Measurement – Inform and oversee a comprehensive approach to marketing measurement.
- Team Leadership – Build the internal and external teams to support the strategies for now and for future growth. Most importantly, mentor and motivate the team into a well-oiled operation, coach them on how to successfully partner cross-functionally to quickly and efficiently execute on existing and future projects.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of successfully leading strategic marketing campaigns in a rapidly growing digital media and/or consumer-facing businesses.
- Prior startup experience is a MUST. You need to be a growth hacker – not a safe strategist – and be able to work on a lean budget and be able to demonstrate success as an executional leader of a standalone brand.
- Strong track record in both brand building and performance marketing.
- Must be *well-organized*, creative and open, hands on (scrappy), very proactive, positive, and most importantly, collaborative. We win as a team.
- Be based in Silicon Valley (or willing to relocate immediately). This person will be a critical part of our Mountain View based team, working directly with the CEO and management team.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and portfolio with the subject “VP OF MARKETING” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!
Marketing & PR
Mountain View, CA