This ambitious journalist will primarily cover technology/science from our Silicon Valley office. Candidates should have 2-5 years of reporting experience and be strong writers who love sniffing out today’s most important stories, as well as the big ideas and rising stars of tomorrow to fit our distinct storytelling sections. This journalist will prepare unique, analytical and globally-minded write-ups, respond to the news of the day with fresh insights and be interested in pursuing long-read, investigative-style reporting, as well as shorter, quick-hit pieces.
The ability to write clean, delicious copy is key, in addition to having a head for the latest innovations rolling out of Silicon Valley and the medical field. A love for mixing it up with occasional cultural features is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Pitch and write compelling tech/science/medical features each week, covering the leaders and trends of tomorrow in these fields.
- Work as part of a close-knit team — the OZY tribe — to help reinvent online journalism and build a unique brand.
- Represent OZY on TV and radio.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 2-5 years of reporting experience.
- Strong organizational and social skills.
- Excel at cultivating a great network of contacts in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- An excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “Technology Reporter” in the subject line to: Jobs@ozy.com. We look forward to hearing from you! If you do not hear back from us within one month of sending us your resume then we could not find the right fit for you at this time. Thank you and we wish you success in your career.
Mountain View, CA