We are looking for a prolific sports reporter and editor with a background that includes multimedia and who is comfortable creating profiles, trend stories, data-driven articles and thought-pieces, as well as advances and gamers. If you have a strong network of potential OZY contributors, that’s even better. OZY covers a range of sports — national and international, team and individual, mainstream, specialty and esports — with a focus on the new and the next. You’ll be able to tell our readers about everything from rising college basketball stars and Moneyball 2.0 to England’s top goalie, a badass Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu player or a 21st century extreme explorer.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Pitch and write original and compelling sports features each week
- Spot trends and rising stars months ahead of the pack
- Innovate with diverse ways of storytelling, from video and audio to email newsletter and VR
- Deliver engaging headlines and other smart packaging
- Work as part of a close-knit team — the OZY tribe — to help reinvent online journalism and build a unique brand
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years at a high-quality media company, with significant online and some audio/video experience
- Ability to tell stories with flair
- Extensive contacts in the sports world, and can recruit and develop contributors with forward-looking ideas and sophisticated style
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile, with the subject “SPORTS EDITOR/REPORTER” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Mountain View, CA; NYC