OZY is seeking a creative and highly motivated Senior Director of Events to be a part of a growing team transforming the lives of OZY readers, listeners and viewers via live events. This person will design unique and exciting ways for how people come together and experience OZY. Each event is custom made – whether it’s an intimate gathering for 50 people or a festival with upwards of 20,000 people in Central Park, we always strive to make the interaction personal, and fundamentally believe in the power of “the little things” to transform the experience.
The Senior Director of Events will be responsible for growing the live events practice at OZY, a core piece of the company’s business. This person will not only develop the OZY Fest franchise to include multiple cities and countries, but also conceptualize and execute additional event series and live activations on behalf of OZY and our sponsors, approximately 10-15 per year.
The goal is simple; thrill and delight our audience. We look for opportunities to experiment and exude our core value proposition – ahead of the curve, smarter, fresher, different, into each live event and experience.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Develop a strategic outlook for live events that further business goals and objectives
- Create organized and comprehensive project management plans with event specifics, timeline and plan for execution
- Oversee OZY’s marquee festival – OZY Fest. This will include the ability to manage and drive programming, talent acquisition with key agencies, production management, marketing and sales responsibilities and budget ownership
- Scout venues and develop relationships with vendors; negotiate contracts and pricing
- Anticipate challenges and proactively develop solutions
- Manage the brand presence both in promotions and on site; messaging, design, signage, collateral, etc.
- Collaborate internally with editorial, sales, marketing, product, and finance teams to get internal buy in, support, and inspiration
- Stay “ahead of the curve” on the latest trends in events and set new trends
- Dream big; always be looking for new ways to thrill and delight our audience
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 7-10 years in events, ideally music festivals along with conferences
- Proven track record in sponsorship and media sales with strong focus on developing corporate partnerships
- Strong industry network
- Ability to manage a budget, and help identify areas of cost savings
- Solution oriented, highly motivated and proactive self-starter
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to follow through, and capable of meeting deadlines while balancing multiple projects and priorities
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and link to LinkedIn profile, with the subject “EVENTS DIRECTOR” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Marketing & PR
Mountain View, CA