OZY is looking for a curious, out-of-the-box Editorial Intern to join our growing team for a 10-week, paid internship. Are you a great storyteller eager to work in a fast-paced newsroom? At OZY, you will break the mold, uncovering new global trends and profiling incredible people who are impacting businesses, industries and societies worldwide. It’s a dream job for a writer because you can focus on a beat or explore various topics that catch your eye while being mentored by top-notch writers and editors who want to take journalism to the next level. Candidates should demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for pushing the limits — tools needed to help us bring excitement back to digital news while inspiring readers to be curious and creative.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch, research, report and write eye-catching feature
- Collaborate with the photo, video, podcast, design and marketing teams
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary intern team on a special project
- 1+ years of journalism and writing experience
- Intense curiosity about the world
- Interest in the future of digital journalism
- Journalism degree a plus but certainly not necessary
- 3 to 6 writing samples
- Ability to work out of our HQ in Mountain View, Calif.
Please email a brief cover note and CV, with the subject line “EDITORIAL INTERN” to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mountain View, CA