OZY Media is looking for an inspiring Creative Director to drive the development of various design projects across our events, TV and podcast businesses. You’ll lead and mentor a small but mighty team of designers, and have the ability to bring in new talent. You’ll work collaboratively with our marketing director to conceptualize and execute beautiful designs that will be seen by millions of people online and in person. This exciting and demanding role puts you at the forefront of a highly creative marketing and branding effort. Candidates must be experienced in visual, web, marketing and experiential design.
OZY Fest — Your first project will be spearheading the creative direction for OZY Fest 2020 and elevating last year’s brand to make it feel fresh. Your team will be responsible for designing the OZY Fest website, newsletters, an outdoor subway campaign, wristbands, wayfinding, step-and-repeats and much more.
TV + Podcasts — OZY is rapidly growing our TV and podcast businesses and will need your help to create brand identities, album covers and marketing materials to promote new projects.
Top candidates thrive on creating visually engaging solutions to complex problems. We’re looking for a gritty, self-motivated artist who will consistently push the limits to create design materials that inspire OZY readers, festivalgoers, podcast lovers and TV bingers to live curiously.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Lead a creative team to conceptualize and develop compelling brand identities for festivals, TV shows, podcasts and more
- Recruit, develop and motivate a team whose mission is to help people live curiously
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to help unify our narrative and amplify our mission internally and externally
- Design and conceptualize beautiful brand identities
- Inspire a team to bring conceptual ideas all the way through to fruition
- Come to work every day with big, innovative ideas
- Synthesize on-trend design thinking with data-driven communications
- Push and evolve the OZY brand to reflect our mission and voice
- Thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS in design or communications-related major
- 10+ years managing teams with a track record of shipping inspiring, well-crafted work across mediums: print, web, mobile, video
- Working across consumer, business, global and internal audiences a plus
- A leader, designer, conceptual thinker, mentor, communicator and, most importantly, a believer in our mission of helping global citizens live curiously
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Intense curiosity about the world
- Strong written communication skills
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and portfolio with the subject “CREATIVE DIRECTOR” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!
Technology & Design
Mountain View, CA