OZY Media is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Controller to lead accounting operations and financial reporting. As a key member of the Finance team, you will own OZY’s accounting processes, and provide ongoing guidance to the OZY’s Director of Finance and Leadership team.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Own the timely completion of Monthly, Quarterly, and Year-End Financial Close
- Own cash reporting, analysis, and projections
- Oversee a team of accountants managing all things accounting (monthly financial closes, general ledger entries, collections, billing, AR/AP, expense reports, etc)
- Lead revenue recognition policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP
- Provide monthly departmental financial statements and analysis to FP&A and collaborate on financial reporting and forecast analysis to business unit owners and the executive team
- Facilitate the preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts, and other management reports
- Manage external relationships with bankers, auditors, tax preparers, etc. and maintain compliance with all tax regulations.
- Design and implement OZY’s internal and financial control infrastructure, enhance operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Provide vision for scaling financial infrastructure and accounting team to grow with the business
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years in a Financial Controller role; 6+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting skills
- Ability to provide strategic perspectives and see the larger picture, providing timely insights and analysis to drive outcomes
- Knowledgeable in all things Netsuite, Bill.com, Expensify, and Google Suite
- Comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and evolving startup environment
- Experience at a Big 4 audit and start-up/VC-backed company or strong experience with digital media, TV, events, content businesses
- CPA highly preferred
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile, with the subject “CONTROLLER” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Finance / HR
Mountain View, CA