We are looking for an ambitious journalist to cover business and finance for OZY – either based in our NY office or our headquarters in the heart of the Silicon Valley. They will prepare unique, analytical and globally-minded write-ups, respond to the news of the day with fresh insights and be interested in pursuing long-read, investigative-style reporting, as well as shorter, quick-hit pieces.
The ability to write clean, delicious copy is key, in addition to having a head for Wall Street, business and personal finance. A love for mixing it up with occasional cultural features is a plus. Candidates will have 5-7 years of reporting experience and be strong writers with the drive to keep OZY ahead of the curve on big ideas and rising stars of tomorrow to fit our distinct storytelling sections.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Pitch and write original and compelling Business, Finance and Economic features each week
- Cover the leaders and trends of tomorrow
- Conceive of and own projects from investigative reports to editorial series
- Work as part of a close-knit team — the OZY tribe — to help reinvent online journalism and build a unique brand
- Collaborate on podcasts and represent OZY on TV and radio
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 5-7 years of reporting experience
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Excel at cultivating a great network of contacts in the business world
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume with the subject “BUSINESS EDITOR/REPORTER” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Mountain View, CA; NYC