OZY is looking for an Audio Fellow to join its Editorial team for a 6 month fellowship based in Mountain View, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Mix and edit OZY shows.
- Help guide OZY’s shows toward ambitious storytelling, working with the team to refine big ideas, and pushing for the best possible finished product.
- Work closely with OZY’s staff to develop pitches, ideas and scripts — from the conceit of a multi-part story, to the arc of a single episode.
- Work closely with head of audio, producers, hosts, editors and partners to deliver successful shows from pitch stage to release and beyond, to hit download targets.
- Work to drive downloads by developing and delivering on marketing and PR strategies, including but not limited to influencer outreach and events.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience editing audio.
- Comfort and proficiency in structuring and editing non-linear, narrative pieces.
- Strong organizational and social skills.
- An ability to jump between projects and contribute meaningful guidance and support, no matter the context.
- Excitement and hunger to thrive in a startup environment.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email a brief cover letter, CV/résumé and clips, with the reference “Podcast Fellowship” in the subject line to email@example.com by December 31, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you! If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please assume we couldn’t find the right fit for you at this time, but be sure to continue checking our jobs page at www.ozy.com/jobs.
As one of the fastest-growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform/culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends and ideas. Five years in, and we reach more than 50 million people a month — across web, events, podcasts and television.
OZY + AUDIO
We have released three seasons of our hit audio show The Thread, which made Apple’s top 10 and The Guardian’s pick of the week. The fourth season and two brand new episodic audio shows will be released by the end of 2018, with 8 more planned for 2019.
Mountain View, CA