OZY Media is seeking a skilled creative director who will drive OZY’s brand identity through the execution of original concepts, creative direction and designs for brand activations, event signage, graphics, social media, retail and consumer products, photoshoots, email campaigns, and more. Work is done remotely.
- Strengthen OZY’s visual identity by developing innovative design concepts while remaining true to the company’s core identity as a forward-thinking media company.
- Oversee and maintain the quality of all internal and external branded collateral.
- Work with designers to bring out their best work, mobilize the design team on projects with fast turnaround time, and encourage an open environment for collaboration and constructive criticism.
- Mentor and motivate the team into a well-oiled operation, coach them on how to successfully partner cross-functionally to quickly and efficiently execute on existing and future projects.
- Communicate and present design work in a compelling way — be the voice of OZY’s brand identity and sell the brand in a way that makes others excited.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Sales teams to deliver creative assets that fuel company growth.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in working in graphic design and 1+ year of experience in a design management role.
- Be fluent and an expert in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Have a strong (social / digital) understanding of best practices for graphics and design and stay up to date with the latest trends, especially in entertainment and media.
- Possess previous branded content experience and example work.
- Be willing to experiment, learn and execute a wide range of design techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be effective in conveying clear feedback.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile, with the subject “CREATIVE DIRECTOR” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a URL/Portfolio with your submission. We look forward to receiving your application!
OZY Media is looking for a talented Senior Visual Designer to help us develop brands and lead design across our events, TV and podcast businesses. This role works collaboratively with our Creative Director to conceptualize and execute beautiful designs that will be seen by millions of people online and in-person. This exciting and demanding role puts you at the forefront of a highly creative marketing and branding effort. Candidates must be experienced in visual, web, marketing and experiential design.
OZY Fest — You’ll be the lead designer for OZY Fest, meaning that you will elevate last year’s brand to make it feel new, and you’ll come up with solutions to elevate the OZY Fest website, design newsletters, design an outdoor subway campaign to promote the festival and be able to design experiential things like wristbands, wayfinding, step-and-repeats and more.
TV + Podcasts — OZY is rapidly growing our TV and podcast businesses and will need your help to create brand identities, album covers and marketing materials to promote new projects.
Top candidates thrive on creating visually engaging solutions to complex problems. We’re looking for a gritty, self-motivated artist who will consistently push the limits to create design materials that inspire OZY readers, festival-goers, podcast-lovers and TV-bingers to live curiously. If you are someone with an eye for detail who has a passion for color, space and typography, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- Design and conceptualize beautiful brand identities
- Design highly creative and innovative marketing materials (digital and outdoor)
- Design engaging and bold social assets to elevate our social channels and promote projects
- Come to work every day with big, innovative ideas
- Synthesize on-trend design thinking with data-driven communications
- Push and evolve the OZY brand to reflect our mission and voice
- Thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS in design or communications-related major
- Five-plus years of professional design experience
- Journalism or marketing degree a plus
- Proficient in Photoshop, XD, Illustrator and After Effects
- Video editing skills a plus
- Coding skills a plus
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Intense curiosity about the world
- Strong written communication skills
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and portfolio with the subject “SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER” to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!