Spice-Rack Cold Remedy
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
Because this recipe is basically DIY DayQuil, non-drowsy formula.
Once it hits your lips, you can taste the battle of spices versus cold symptoms.
Last week, I was ”that guy.” I came in to the office a bit ill. OZY’s Praveen Vasireddy, head of all things tech and an all-around legit good guy, told me, “You should try this.” It was a handwritten recipe that read like the beginning of a very tasty dish. But actually, it was a home remedy that he promised would eradicate my cold symptoms. *COUGH*
So I took a gamble and skipped taking DayQuil for a day — and it paid off. I was so impressed, I made it again — and this time I filmed it. Mr. Vasireddy was kind enough to offer his critique of my technique. Enjoy it in good health.
- Bring 1 cup (8 ounces) milk to a low boil and reduce to simmer.
- Add 1/2 tsp of equal parts turmeric and black pepper.
- Thinly slice 1 inch of ginger root and add to milk.
- Simmer until you feel the spices have infused the milk.
- Strain the mixture into a glass.
- Add sugar (or honey) to taste.
- Drink hot. (This is important, people!)