This is a key leadership role where you will be able to not only help lead and shape the design direction of the website strategically, but also take the hands-on lead in creating designs for OZY on multiple platforms.
- Ownership of design across all platforms and executions:
- Product - Presidential Daily Brief Email, Daily Dose Email, Website UI / UX
- Editorial - Visual Storytelling
- Marketing - Social Media Platforms, OZY Branding, Conversion Tools
- Sales - Advertising Partnerships (Mercedes, Burberry, Netflix, Intel, etc)
- Events - OZY Fest
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience in digital design.
- Knowledge of current design trends and best practices in design, and specifically the online media industry.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite Products, Sketch and other rapid prototype tools.
- Ability to add immediate value to editorial content – the ability to sit between journalists and developers and visualize concepts and stories in a manner that is compelling, engaging and interactive.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive web design techniques.
As one of the fastest-growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform/culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news, but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends, and ideas. Three years in, and we reach more than 25M people a month – across web, events, and television.
To apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “CREATIVE DIRECTOR” in the subject line to: Jobs@ozy.com. We look forward to hearing from you! If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Technology & Design
Mountain View, CA